Schedules & Minutes
September 14, 2023
November 16, 2023
January 25, 2024
March 21, 2024
Previous Meeting Minutes
**All meetings are open to the public & greater school community.
Springdale Elementary Funding Summary
Trust Lands Information
Our School Community Council is comprised of parents, teachers, and administrators who work together to improve student achievement. The Community Council is primarily responsible for the creation of our School LAND Trust Plan. This plan is created annually by analyzing our school testing data to determine the greatest academic need. The money our school receives from the School LAND Trust fund is allocated according to our plan.
Our school is grateful for the School LAND Trust program and the opportunity we have as a school to allocate the funds to support our targeted and specific needs.
Over the years our school has purchased technology to support student learning, books for our leveled library, math manipulatives, and science materials. We have also been able to hire additional personnel to support targeted learning in small groups.
The Council assists with school improvement and makes decisions on how to best spend the Trust LANDS funding. More information regarding the work of the Council and the current plan can be found by visiting the School LAND Trust Website.
Did You Know?
Utah received 7 million acres of land at statehood to generate funding for schools and almost half of the land remains in a trust for public education. The School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA) manages the trust land. The School and Institutional Trust Funds Office (SITFO) invests the endowment funds and a portion of the earnings comes to our school each year.
Chair – Kyla Topham email@example.com
Co-Chair – Stephanie Bonner firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent – Elizabeth Valle email@example.com
Secretary – Lizz Totten firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal – Glen Andersen email@example.com
Teacher – Darcey Spendlove firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher – Katie Munson email@example.com
Jodi Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review school U-PASS data. U-PASS is a series of student tests. Councils should review group results but individual data should not be shared. Other assessments may also be reviewed
- Develop a School Improvement Plan
- Develop a School LAND Trust Plan
- Participate in the development of the Professional Development Plan
- Develop a Child Access Routing Plan
- Advise the school administration on local school issues
- Provide an opportunity for issues of concern in the community to be presented to the school administration
- Develop a Reading Achievement Plan